Art in the Heart showcases and sells great 2D and 3D art, artisan and craft pieces, original gift and merchandise ideas from artists and makers. Our artists and makers are serious about selling their original pieces online even if they have never done it before! They understand the need for good customer service. We work with artists and makers who want to create some kind of revenue from their creations or at least have thought of it.
In the majority of cases, work has to have come directly from yourself as the artist or maker.
You can sell your:
- Mixed media art
- Digital art
- Hand crafted Jewellery
- Printmaking (lino cuts, wood cuts, screen printing etc.)
- Any jewellery which is particularly unique and or quirky which is not completely handcrafted. This is at our complete discretion. We generally do not accept jewellery which is not handcrafted
- Card packs. Individual cards are also OK particularly if they are hand crafted or hand painted pieces in their own right
- Prints (limited and open edition, giclée or other)
- Any merchandise which bears the art work or design of the artist/maker (homewares, cards, tags and stationery, accessories, trinkets and small gifts home furnishings etc.) Some of the materials to do this may be sourced from overseas. If you are a 2D artist and produce merchandise, we ideally like you to also include some of your art work in original or print form. This contextualises your merchandise and makes your brand much more complete
- If in doubt, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You cannot sell:
- Made up jewellery from casts and bought in stones and beads
- Mass produced images from sources other than you as the artist/maker
- Gifts which are made as the primary objective with no artistic inspiration. All gifts/merchandise have to emanate from the art, design or illustrative work of the artist and maker
- Gifts and merchandise sourced from the Far East and other global locations unless they bear the art work of the artist or maker and the source of the merchandise is ethical. Art in the Heart may reserve the right to sell hand crafted carefully sourced Fair Trade gifts from artisanal communities with compelling back stories.
- Anything which involves cruelty to animals
- Anything which involves exploitation of a work force
- If in doubt, contact us
Where you can sell:
- Any fair or show
- Any physical outlet, shop, gallery apart from big chain or department stores. Please contact us if you do, to chat about this
- Your own website
- Your specific social media art/craft pages, not your personal social media timeline or account. Please contact us if you sell from your timeline to chat about this
We cannot stop you from trading off Etsy, Folksy, Ebay, Amazon and other similar marketplaces which are unregulated in terms of quality. Neither can we stop you trading from similar marketplaces as ours. We do prefer that you demarcate what you sell in different places but again please contact us about this.
As a special note, please pay attention to pricing. Keep your pricing uniform across your selling platforms. If you can’t afford reasonable commissions, it means most likely that you are selling your items too cheaply and need to reconsider your pricing structures across the board. It’s that moment when you look at narrative, brand and stick your neck out about your worth!
Contact us if you want to talk about any of this.