One of the main aspects of online selling is shipping. You will want to know:
- How much your item is going to cost to ship/post on top of the price of the product before you purchase
- That the postage charge is in line with standard postal services
- That your item is well packaged so it won’t arrive damaged
- That it is going to arrive in a reasonable amount of time
The Art in the Heart product is bespoke, different and original, with particular inspiration and individual narrative. In that sense shipping and delivery is not a uniform process all the time. The items come directly from studios, workshops even kitchen tables and that artists and makers are not machines in some kind of mass market factory or selling from an Amazon store. We see this lack of uniformity as a strength, even down to the shipping and delivery of pieces. It’s part and parcel of the Art in the Heart brand.
However we do have a clear Shipping and Delivery Policy which the Sellers are bound to adhere to as part of the Seller Terms and Conditions when they register/sign up to sell through us. They pledge to do this to give a good level of customer service to you.
The Seller must:
- Dispatch already made stock within 3 days if possible. (The seller will include details of normal delivery times on their product pages, and will let you know when they aim to dispatch your items once they receive your order. If you want more information about delivery for a product that you’ve already ordered, please get in touch with the Seller directly. You can do this using the contact link on your order confirmation email. Once you’ve done this, if you’d still like some more help, get in touch with us – we’ll be very happy to help. Very occasionally, unavoidable factors can delay a parcel (bad weather or postal strikes, for example). If this happens the seller will let you know. We do ask for your patience if this happens – we’ll be doing our best to sort it out for you. Once your order is on its way, the seller will be in touch again to let you know when you should expect it.
- Pack items appropriately.
- Charge reasonably for postage. They may be able to offer free postage for some items or a standard charge for everything depending on their product.
- Mention any departure from the policy when uploading a product, if it is a commission or personalised product for example. If it is a large item it will cost more to ship and it will take more time to dispatch. For example 30 days or more if it is large detailed commission
- Keep track of your order
- Hide their storefront if for any reason they cannot adhere to the Shipping and Delivery Policy for example if on holiday or incapacitated in some way.
Delivery and Promotions
If you take advantage of a discount (such as 10% off), the reduction is usually applied only to the price of the product you’ve chosen, not the delivery cost. Also, any free delivery offers will normally mean standard UK delivery only.
UK Delivery of Standard Items
Most standard orders are delivered within the UK for under £4.75 per seller, and some are free. Delivery costs are worked out according to the product’s size and weight.
If a product is delivered for free this is clearly displayed on the product page.
UK delivery of non-standard items
A non-standard item is something that’s considered to be fragile, perishable, of high value, large or heavy, or something that has exceptional delivery requirements. For these products, the above costs won’t apply – you’ll find the delivery cost on the product page.
UK Express Delivery
If you need something quickly, many products offer express delivery (to mainland UK addresses only), as long as you place your order before 12pm. Each Seller will give details of this with each product. Some Sellers will offer Next Day Delivery which will have an additional charge
International delivery is available on many products, and clearly shown on the product page. If you want to search for products that can be delivered internationally, simply use the international delivery filters which you’ll see on the left-hand side of product category pages.
Delivery costs are worked out according to the product’s size and weight, as well as where it’s going.
International Delivery Zones
Western Europe: Ireland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, France, Germany, Monaco, Greece, Portugal, Italy and Spain.
Please allow two to five working days from dispatch.
Rest of Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Georgia, Gibraltar, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia (Republic of), Malta, Moldova (Republic of), Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine.
Please allow five to 10 working days from dispatch.
USA and Canada:
Please allow five to 10 working days from dispatch.
Asia and Australasia: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Korea (Republic of), Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Macao, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Please allow five to 10 working days from dispatch
Rest of the world:
Please allow five to 14 working days from dispatch. If you want to check timing or costs of delivery, please contact us; we’ll be happy to help.
Last amended: 4th July 2016