Sell from the Gallery
how to sell with us
It has become increasingly difficult to become an Art in the Heart artist mainly because we are housed in a small premises and space is a premium so if we cannot exhibit your work, please do not be disappointed. You can also apply to sell on our new fantastic online shop at www.artintheheart.co.uk/marketplace.
how to sell with us in the high street gallery and gift shop
If you are an artist or maker who wants to exhibit and sell with us, you need in the first instance to email us at email@example.com with details about yourself, your inspiration, how long you’ve been creating, your medium, processes or methods, current and previous exhibiting for example (not essential) and images of your work. Please try and avoid coming to the gallery unannounced with work as we most likely will not be able to see it or trying to show images on a device over a counter when we have are trying to survey the shop floor and give good customer service.
We shall reply saying you have been put on file. At a future date, we may invite you to show us your work in the gallery if you are still interested. If we want your work, you will be sent an Artist Gallery Pack which has information, guidelines about the presentation of your work and an enrolment form. You need to sign this form and bring it in with a £30.00 admin fee if you would like to exhibit with us. We are then ready to take your work.
Please bear in mind that if you are not successful we shall keep you on file and may invite you at a later date if we have more space.
What is essential
- quality, depth, originality to work whatever the medium or format
- for faster turnover hand crafted products, a clear good brand which has a clear target market, good presentation. Please ask for advice or come into the gallery to see examples
- artists and makers have to reside within a 35 mile radius of the city centre or if no longer residing locally have to have been born and bred in that radius
- consistent ability to supply with little likelihood of wanting to remove a lot of items for other shows and galleries
- willingness to accept advice on pricing if you are new to selling
- a uniform linked body of work rather than one piece or a selection of pieces which are completely diverse or not recognisably linked
What we are particularly interested in
- new artists and makers who have something original, different and who have a passion for what they do
- local brands which are eco, ethical, locally UK sourced
- 3D artists: glass makers, textile artists, ceramicists, sculptors who have something original and art led
- art inspired by different cultures from the vicinity
- artists and makers who might want to do a session or a day of volunteering in the gallery and or Live Art Saturday
New artists and makers starting out
We may still be interested in your work if you are just starting out. We find that some newcomers can develop very quickly and have clear ambition for their work or brand and we can advise and get you on the right track if you are prepared to make the effort and put the work in. It may involve a small investment too don’t forget with materials and framing for example or for brands, packaging and labelling and in some cases manufacturing. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org